What's fun about baked potatoes is there are endless toppings that make them a meal on their own. Instead of waiting an hour for one to bake after a long day, make dinner easy with this soup that comes together in five minutes in the morning. It's filled with garlic, shallots, and big chunks of potatoes, then finished with fresh spinach and a splash of milk.
Ladle into bowls, then top with whatever you're craving, like bacon, big slivers of parmesan cheese, and scallions.
It's completely acceptable to have more than one bowl.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- Parmesan cheese, chopped scallion, and bacon for garnish
- Add the chopped potatoes, onions, shallot, and garlic to the slow cooker along with the salt and Italian seasoning.
- Pour over the chicken stock and water and then turn your slow cooker to medium and let cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Gently mash some of the potatoes, then add the chopped spinach and milk, turning the slow cooker to high for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and ladle into bowls, and serve alongside garnishes.
- North American
- 8 servings