A slow-cooked dinner is always so flavorful. That's why we partnered with KRAFT Natural Cheese for this comfort-food recipe.
Get out your slow cooker and put it to delicious work with a simmering version of spaghetti and meatballs. Adding cheese to the dish before serving adds a creaminess to the sauce — along with serious gooiness. The melted cheese mixes in with the noodles, and the meatballs ooze juiciness thanks to spending all day in the slow cooker. Once you try this version of spaghetti and meatballs, you'll wonder why you're not making it all the time.
Roll the meatballs directly into a mini muffin tray and then pop under the broiler while you're prepping the sauce. It's a quick prep you can sneak in before heading out the door in the morning.
Yes, you can add the spaghetti right into the slow cooker. The noodles suck up all the sauce while holding their texture.
Cover with cheese and you have the most delicious (and easy!) spaghetti and meatballs ever.
- 1 slice white bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Basil for garnish
- KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
- Tear up the bread and add it to a small bowl. Add the milk, salt, and parmesan cheese and let set until the bread has soaked up the liquid.
- Add the ground beef and mix using your hands until evenly distributed. Roll into golf-ball-size meatballs and place under the broiler until slightly browned.
- Place the water, onion, and garlic in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add to the base of your slow cooker.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and then carefully drop in the meatballs. Set your slow cooker to low and let simmer while you're at work for 8 hours.
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add the pasta. Gently stir until the pasta is submerged, breaking up any lengths that stick together. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off your slow cooker and add the cheese. Cover for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Gently mix, then serve with a sprinkling of extra parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 8 hours