I love fresh blueberries, and the flavor is so bright when paired with toasted coconut. Layer that with cold ice cream, and you have the dessert of Summer. And this scoop is dairy free and gets a big boost thanks to a touch of vanilla.
- 3 cups Silk Vanilla Cashewmilk
3/4 cup sugar, divided
3 egg yolks
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup toasted coconut
- Place the base of your ice cream maker in the freezer.
- To make the ice cream, heat the cashew milk and half the sugar until it almost boils.
- While it's heating, whip the egg yolks with the other half of the sugar until it's light and creamy.
- To temper the eggs, ladle a scoop of the hot cashew milk into the eggs, whisking to disperse. Now add another ladle and whisk again. Slowly add the egg mixture to the rest of the hot milk and stir with a wooden spoon for a few minutes, or until the mixture slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Cool the mixture overnight.
- Pour the ice cream base in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions for freezing the ice cream.
- Remove from the ice cream container and place in a freezer-safe container. Add the blueberries and toasted coconut and mix to distribute. Freeze to set.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- North American
- 4 cups ice cream
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds