A whole roasted chicken doesn't need to be a special-occasion dinner. That's why we partnered with Perdue for this post.
Roasting an entire chicken doesn't need to be a daunting culinary adventure. It's so much easier than you think and a seriously flavorful way to cook a whole bird. The combination of paprika and lemon infuse together into a really delicious main dish that's also stunning. Make for Sunday dinner or the next time you have guests coming over — you only need a few minutes of prep to pull it off.
- 1 whole Perdue chicken
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lemons, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Slice the lemons and arrange in a single layer in a baking dish or skillet.
- Mix together the paprika, garlic salt, and salt in a small bowl, stirring to incorporate.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, then rinse and pat dry. Use a kitchen shears to cut away the backbone and open the chicken, pressing gently along the breastbone so it lays flat.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with half the seasoning and rub into the chicken. Move onto the lemons and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Main Dishes, Game
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes