The perfect family dinners come together in a snap and feature fresh, flavorful ingredients everyone will relish. We partnered with Passion For Pasta to share a mouthwatering, nutritious, and incredibly simple recipe that your family will enjoy for years to come.
Preparing a family dinner that even the pickiest eaters in your household will adore is an ambitious undertaking. However, the key to creating a dish that kids and parents can agree on is a union of sophisticated flavors with kid-friendly elements. This flavorful and vegetable-packed recipe made with pasta is something your family can prepare together and savor. Read on for the tasty recipe that will encourage your family to linger over dinner.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 2 avocados
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch of basil
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta cooks, add avocado, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, 1/2 cup fresh basil, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Once pasta is cooked, drain and combine with avocado sauce. Add 1/4 cup fresh basil and cherry tomatoes and stir to combine.
4. Garnish with zest from 1/2 lemon and serve warm or cold.
- Main Dishes
- Cook Time
- 30 mins