Sure, you can make a separate batch of chocolate chip cookies and another one of brownies, but what's the fun in that? Originally published by SoYummy and re-shared on TikTok by @_everydaychristmasvibez_, this brownie-cookie (brookie?) recipe requires minimal effort but yields maximum deliciousness. It's perfect for an office party or Christmas cookie exchange, and takes only two ingredients — store bought cookie dough and boxed brownie mix. So if you're too busy rockin' around the Christmas tree, or filling all the stockings with care, you'll definitely want to try out this recipe.
To make these brookies (or crownies, whichever you prefer) you'll start by rolling out your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough. You'll then top it with a layer of brownie batter, and after a short trip in the freezer, it'll be ready to be rolled and sliced. Only ten minutes later, you'll have yourself a dozen cookie-brownie pinwheels filled with lots of holiday cheer. Ready to impress Santa with your cookie baking skills? Keep scrolling for the step-by-step instructions.
- 16 oz. chocolate chip cookie dough
1 box brownie mix
- Remove the cookie dough from the package, and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it into a rectangle.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box, but use only half of the water that the recipe calls for so the batter is not too liquidy when you eventually roll up the dough.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly over the cookie dough with a spatula.
- Using the edge of the parchment paper, carefully but tightly begin rolling the cookie dough the same way you would a cinnamon roll.
- Chill the log in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. It should be firm but not rock solid.
- Slice the log into cookie-shaped pieces with a sharp knife. If you notice the log is starting to flatten when you cut it, stick it in the freezer for a few extra minutes to allow it more time to firm up.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies look dry.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Desserts, Cookies
- 1 dozen cookies
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds