We love when Chrissy Teigen demonstrates how to whip up one of her famous recipes at home, but when she has Luna Stephens as her sous-chef, we simply can't get enough. The mother-daughter duo teamed up to make a batch of homemade hot fudge for ice cream sundaes, and Luna's adorable commentary was the cherry on top. Dressed in their pajamas — Luna in a Frozen nightgown and Chrissy in a silk bathrobe — the two worked together to measure out various ingredients before combining them in a pot. "This is a tablespoon," Chrissy's 4-year-old daughter said oh so confidently, right before carefully holding a measuring cup while her mom poured in corn syrup. What a cutie!
In the middle of Chrissy and Luna's how-to video, Miles Stephens and John Legend couldn't help but crash the kitchen party, which led to a spilled drink, courtesy of Miles, who turns 2 years old next month. "Oh lord, my dear family, I love you so much," Chrissy said sarcastically before continuing to cook the hot fudge. Hah! Speaking of which, you're probably drooling at the thought of making some for yourself by now, right? To make things easier, we jotted down Chrissy's hot fudge recipe below so you don't have to worry about transcribing it yourself. Get all the chocolatey details ahead, and be sure to watch the video above to see Chrissy and her fam in action.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the butter, cream, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and salt in a pot, and turn stove on to medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, and continue to stir until the mixture melts down and gets creamy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Continue stirring and allow to thicken. Serve over ice cream, and add the toppings of your choice. (Chrissy's are green sprinkles, whipped cream, and frosted animal crackers!)