Everything Bagel Rolls Recipe With Photos
Everything Bagel Rolls Are Basically Savory Cinnamon Rolls, and I'm Obsessed
When I decided to move to South America two years ago, I didn't anticipate that the thing I would miss the most about living in my tristate-area hometown would be the fresh, pillowy everything bagels loaded with cream cheese, but they quickly became all I could think about. However, while I can't quite bring an entire suitcase of New York-style bagels each time I fly back, I was able to bring a few tubes of everything bagel seasoning back to Colombia with me on my last trip back home, and the absolute best dish I have used it in is @bakedbymelissa's Everything Bagel Rolls.
Garlic lovers dream #traderjoescookbook #garlic #everythingbutthebagel #foodtiktok #recipe #fyp #fypシ♬ original sound - Baked by Melissa
These mouth-watering everything bagel rolls are a cheesy, pull-apart variation of my favorite kind of bagel, made cinnamon roll style. By slathering an everything bagel seasoning and cheese blend on top of homemade cinnamon-roll-like dough (sans the sugar, of course) and rolling it up into a log, then cutting it and baking it, Melissa taught me a new way to satisfy my everything bagel craving no matter how far I am from the Big Apple.
Everything Bagel Rolls
TikTok user @bakedbymelissa
- For the dough:
1 cup milk, warm (105°F-110°F)
1 packet dry instant yeast
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cups AP flour
- For the spread:
1 8-oz. packet cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon garlic, grated
3-4 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- For the topping:
Everything bagel seasoning
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine warm milk, yeast, eggs, and butter.
- Start incorporating the flour into the milk and yeast mixture with a wooden spoon, then finish mixing the ingredients with a dough hook until it comes together into a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest.
- Heat the oven to 350°F, and line a square or circular baking pan with parchment paper.
- While the dough is resting, combine the cream cheese, butter, garlic, everything bagel seasoning, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a 3/4-inch thickness in the shape of a rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese in an even layer across the surface of the dough, then sprinkle additional bagel seasoning and shredded mozzarella on top.
- Starting from one short end of the dough, gently roll the dough onto itself until it is in the shape of a thick log.
- Slice the log into 8 equal pieces.
- Add a few dollops of butter and everything bagel seasoning to the bottom of the baking pan, then place the cream cheese rolls on top.
- Sprinkle additional bagel seasoning and mozzarella cheese on top, then place the rolls in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the pan, and pull them apart to enjoy.
- North American
- 9 Rolls
- Prep Time
- 25 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds