You don't have to be a queen bee to appreciate the beauty of the honeycomb that's blowing up TikTok right now. The amazing honeycomb pasta cake tastes as delicious as it looks, with soft rigatoni noodles, warm Italian sauce, and three kinds of cheese that melt in your mouth. It's a fun recipe that's visually pleasing and bursting with flavor with every bite. Serve this honeycomb pasta with salad and a glass of wine for the perfect dinner! Everything you need to know to make this recipe yourself can be found below. Don't forget to take a picture of the pretty honeycomb design.
This recipe calls for rigatoni pasta, mozzarella cheese balls, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan, tomato sauce, olive oil, and optional basil leaves.
Boil pasta, being sure to drain the noodles two minutes before the recommended time.
Line the sides of a cake pan with oil, and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom.
Mix the rigatoni with olive oil.
Line up the rigatoni in the pan tightly.
Spread tomato sauce over the top of the noodles.
Top with shredded mozzarella, mozzarella balls, and shredded parmesan.
Top with optional basil.
Cover with foil, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
Remove top of pan, serve, and enjoy!
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
3 cups tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh mozzarella balls
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Basil leaves (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil water, then cook rigatoni pasta according to the package instructions. Drain two minutes before recommended time.
- Drain the noodles and add half of the olive oil to the pasta. Lightly toss noodles to spread oil around.
- While the oven is preheating to 400 degrees, brush the oil on the sides of your springform cake pan (I used a 9-inch round pan). Add a little tomato sauce to the bottom of the pan.
- Line up your pasta inside the pan, with the noodles sticking straight up. Make sure they are tightly packed. This forms the base of your honeycomb!
- Pour tomato sauce over the top of the pasta. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Top with fresh mozzarella balls (I used the smaller pearls, but you can also cut bigger cheese balls to work). Add shredded Parmesan to the top.
- Sprinkle basil on top if you like.
- Cover top with foil and place on foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly and toasted.
- Remove the top of the pan and serve with salad and wine. Bon appétit!
- 8 servings
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving