Do you feel it in your bones and hear it in the way the wind knocks insistently at your window? Halloween is near, and I plan to celebrate the haunting occasion with this Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Frappuccino off of Starbucks's secret menu. Sweet and beautiful in an odd sort of way, the Halloween-themed drink is essentially a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino mixed with matcha powder. But the caramel drizzle, whipped cream, and freeze-dried strawberries on top add several layers and dimensions to the drink that make it feel patched together just like Sally herself.
Plus, you can add a spoonful of strawberry purée on top to create an oozing effect that makes this treat truly creepy. Find out how to order the Sally-inspired drink or make it for yourself at home here.
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- To try this Halloween-inspired drink for yourself, start by ordering a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino.
- To the blender, add matcha powder.
- Before pouring the drink into a cup, decorate the inside of the cup with a generous amount of caramel drizzle.
- Pour the matcha vanilla bean frappuccino into the cup.
- Top the drink with whipped cream, a spoonful of strawberry purée, and a few pieces of freeze-dried strawberries (aka "Strawberry Inclusions"). Enjoy!
- Drinks, Coffee
- 1 Frappuccino