This Full-Moon-in-Leo Limpia Will Make You Stronger
This Full-Moon-in-Leo Limpia Will Remind You of Your Inner Strength
The roar of the lion returns with the Full Moon in Leo, reminding us of our ferocious strength. Even on days when we don't feel like the Royal Highness of the Jungle, it exists within us. The full moon provides us with the platform to release and let go of the things no longer serving our highest and greatest selves. A full-moon limpia creates a visible and tangible physical symbol of that full moon energy, creating the magic you need to shed old skin and be supported by your guides as you do so.
It was a bumpy ride for many as we entered 2023 and rode through the first month of the new year. The Cancer full moon made us feel emotional, and then we swooped in the Aquarius new moon to strengthen our relationships with others and ourselves. That new moon provoked us to think about ourselves and the role we play in the grander scheme of things.
Now, as we begin a new month, we can create a clean slate and focus on honoring the strength within and allowing that inner Lioness to roar loudly and unapologetically. Claim your power, and shine your light! But be aware of sneaky ego maneuvers. After all, Leo is ruled by the sun, which shines a light on our ego. On the flip side, Leo's energy offers an abundance of warm fuzzy feelings, confidence, and creativity.
When Is the Full Moon in Leo?
The Full Moon in Leo peaks on Feb. 5 at 1:28 p.m. ET. It will still be daylight, so it's unlikely you'll see the full moon until sunset. But take a look up at the sky the night before and after the Leo full moon peaks, because that bright lunar light reflecting the sun will be visible then, too.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Leo Mean?
Imagine a kingdom ruled by the sun — a place where you beautifully reflect solar light and energy as the full moon does. This is Leo. It is the fearless leader of the zodiac, which radiates so brightly it can spark creation. In return, Leo adores admiration and loyalty and expects it. This fiery sign can easily tilt too far into egotistical tendencies, but being aware of your power can help to balance the flame and keep it from getting out of control. Recognize these aspects within yourself, and take stock of what needs to stay and what needs to go.
During the Leo full moon, the sun and moon square off with Uranus, the planet of risk and innovation. So, don't be afraid of shifting perspectives like never before and seeing things in a whole new light. Face your fears, but know when to ease into transformation instead of running at it at full speed. This square off may leave you feeling restless, but trust in the growth that takes place from shedding old skin.
What Is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say For February's Full Moon in Leo?
Great Spirit, show me how great this life can be. I trust that what must leave me now is for my greater good. I embrace the changes within me and know I do not need to fear change because it is all a part of the cycle of this life. Thank you for guiding and protecting me. So, be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Leo?
Strength — It's no wonder that the strength tarot card represents Leo, the powerful force ruled by the sun. The sun provides strength to everything it shines upon. Like Leo, you can, too.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Leo?
Crown Chakra — Located at the top and center of our head, the crown chakra is our connection to the higher power and represents Leo.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Leo
Florida Water or Agua de Florida
Green, orange, red, yellow, or gold candle
Mullein, Hyssop, Eyebright herbs
Benzoin, Frankincense, or Cypress essential oils
1. Begin by cleansing your space with sage smoke followed by palo santo. Sit in meditation for 5 to 10 minutes as the smoke wafts around you and the room. Breathe in the scents, and begin setting intentions about the things you need to let go of.
2. Fill a big pot with water, and bring it to a boil. Lower to a simmer, and add handfuls of the herbs of your choice. Allow the herbs to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then strain and allow the water to cool to room temperature.
3. Add a few good splashes of Florida Water and several drops of the essential oils you'd like to use to the bowl of herb water. Mix it in with your hands as you pray and set intentions.
4. Add one cup of sea salt, and mix it with your hands. Continue speaking with the Universe. Your guides are listening.
5. Sprinkle sunflower petals over the top of the water for a beautiful, sacred, full-moon limpia.
6. Light a candle, place the citrine crystal near it, and save some of your sunflowers to put in a vase next to your candle and crystal to create a full moon altar. The altar can be in your bathroom or in another room where you will rest after your limpia.
7. Take the limpia bowl with you into the shower. Wash your body first. Then gently pour the limpia over your head and body, setting intentions and showing gratitude. Imagine the water washing away things that are acting as blocks in your life. See them drain and leave you. You are free of them now.