This New-Moon-in-Aquarius Baño Will Help Strengthen Your Relationships
In one of the coldest months of the year, we welcome the new moon in Aquarius. Ironically, this new moon brings with it a warm, loving feeling for the collective. As you know, new moons are for manifesting our dreams. But the Aquarius new moon asks us to think about setting intentions and wishes for humanity. What role do we play in the collective human race? What things do we wish for, not only for ourselves, but for our loved ones, friends, and fellow human beings? What intentions do you want to set to heal our planet and all living things?
Remember that although you cannot see the new moon illuminating the night sky like a full moon, there is potent energy when we tap into this lunar cycle. When we set intentions and wish upon the Aquarius new moon, we can expect to begin seeing those manifestations come to fruition over the next six months until the Aquarius full moon on Aug. 1. By writing, reciting, singing, and speaking our intentions out loud, we are communicating directly with the universe and planting the seeds to create the life of our dreams. Under this new moon, focus on more than just what you want out of life — focus on what you want to see for those around you, too.
When Is the 2023 New Moon in Aquarius?
The new moon in Aquarius peaks on Jan. 21 at 3:53 p.m. ET. You won't be able to see it since new moons are dark moons, but the energy for manifestations will be powerful the day before, the day of, and the day after its peak. So, don't stress if you aren't able to do your new-moon ritual exactly when it peaks. You have time.
What Is the Meaning of the 2023 New Moon in Aquarius?
The 11th sign of the zodiac is all about humanity and the totality of us. So, the Aquarius new moon urges us to think more about the collective than about what we want in our personal lives. Aquarius is ruled by two planets: Uranus, the planet of awakening, change, and surprise; and Saturn, the planet of justice, which also rules Capricorn. However, the airy element of Aquarius breaks down the conservative structures of Capricorn to examine and evaluate things on a deeper level. However, Aquarians may get a little overly confident or arrogant when it comes to uncovering the truths of the world and bringing equality to all. So, it's a good idea to stay grounded during this new moon.
Aquarius rules humanitarianism, so if you desire to become more aware and involved in issues impacting all of us in a global sense, wish for it under this new moon. It also rules friendship, so wishing to be more welcoming to new friends or to network with like-minded individuals would be great under the Aquarius new moon.
This air sign also rules detachment. If you are filled with fear about becoming involved in new group projects or need to be more open to others' perspectives, you can set an intention to detach from limiting beliefs and expand your world. When it comes to our physical body, Aquarius rules the ankles and calves. So, if you have issues in those areas, you can wish for total healing, specifically for circulation, cramps, spasms, and even varicose veins.
What Is the Spiritual Cleansing Prayer to Say During January's New Moon in Aquarius?
Great Spirit, guide me on the path of healing the collective. Show me what I can do as one person to make a positive impact in this life for all. Bless me with knowing where my place is in the larger scheme of things. Together, we heal. So, be it.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the New Moon in Aquarius?
The Star: This is the card of new beginnings and promise. It is also the yes card of the tarot. Focus on what you want to manifest, knowing the cards are in your favor.
What Chakra Goes With the New Moon in Aquarius?
Root: The first chakra, located at the base of our spine, is the center of our security in life. It is the foundation of our energy, keeping us grounded.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For the New-Moon-in-Aquarius Baño
Epsom salt and pink Himalayan salt
Sage and palo santo
Orchid, violet, or snowdrop flowers
Juniper berry, pine, rose, or frankincense essential oils
Mugwort and hemp herbs
Amethyst, aquamarine, garnet, or amber crystals
1. After you physically clean your space, light a sage wand and allow the smoke to waft around the room, giving it an energetic cleanse. Follow that with palo santo to seal in the fresh energy.
2. Fill your bathtub with warm water (or prepare the baño in a bowl if you only have a shower). Add a few good splashes of Florida Water as you sing and pray, mixing the spiritual cologne and water together with your hands.
3. Next, add 1 to 2 cups of Epsom salt and 1/2 cup of pink Himalayan salt. Mix in with your hands.
4. Add a couple handfuls of herbs and several drops of essential oil.
5. Cover the top of the water with the flower petals of your choice.
6. Create an altar using the blue candle, crystals, and flowers. You can place this special Aquarius new moon altar in your bathroom to look at while you soak, or you can have it in another part of your home to symbolize your intentions under the new moon.
7. Soak for 20 to 40 minutes. Air-dry if you can, or dry off with a white towel. Enjoy a nice cup of tea or something warm to drink as you write out your new-moon wishes. Place your wish list under a crystal on your altar, or place it by the windowsill to soak in the energy of the moon.