The Future Is Here: Meet the Apple Watch!
Apple announced two new iPhones today, but it had one more thing . . . the Apple Watch. According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, this stunning new product is the next chapter in Apple's story. The futuristic watch works seamlessly with the iPhone, is a comprehensive fitness device, and is highly customizable, according to the company. Cook said instead of cramming the iPhone into a watch, engineers completely reimagined the user interface. Here are some details:
- The watch will start at $349 and will come out in early 2015.
- There are six different straps, including a sweat-resistant sports band and leather options, plus three distinct models.
- It can detect your heart rate.
- You can use it to navigate maps, and it will buzz you when it's time to turn.
- There is a flexible retina display.
- The "digital crown" is on the side of the watch and acts as the control-center-meets-home-button.
- You can easily customize the watch's face.
- It will come with two apps to give you a complete picture of all your activity and act as a personal trainer.
- It will tell you if you've stood up enough for the day (too much sitting is bad people!) and measure your elevation.
- There will be third-party apps like on the iPhone.
- With it, you can control Apple TV.
- It acts like a walkie-talkie.
- You can receive text notifications, and reply to texts with Siri.
- It works with iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5C, and 5S.
- The watch comes in three editions: Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport, and Apple Edition.
- It works with Apple Pay.