We're combining two of our favorite things: sushi and cake. OK, it might sound a little odd, but not to worry; this treat is only sweet in its presentation. Your friends and family will be oh so impressed when you show off this picture-perfect savory cake.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup cooked crab meat
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon microgreens
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown rice, mayonnaise, soy sauce, and rice vinegar together until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a deli container or straight-sided bowl, layer ingredients starting with the crab. Add rice, cucumbers, avocados, and remaining crab in alternating layers. Use the flat bottom of a similar-size container to flatten and compress each layer before starting on the next, so that it will keep its shape once unmolded.
- Once your mold is filled to the top, carefully invert it onto a plate.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes around the bottom edge and microgreens on top.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish