10 Fun Facts About the British Royal Family's Newest Addition, Baby Archie
Baby Archie is finally here, and he's about to become your new favorite royal (sorry, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle!). Not only did he manage to steal hearts all over the world with his precious first royal appearance, but Harry and Meghan's son has also already made royal history. Even though he technically doesn't have a royal title, he's still managed to shake up the royal family in a huge way. As we await his christening (hopefully it's soon!), here are some fun facts about baby Archie!
- His full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Two days after his arrival, Harry and Meghan revealed the tiny tot's moniker on Instagram. Aside from being the name of one of the most famous comic book characters, Archie means "very bold" and "truly brave," and Harrison literally means "son of Harry." Meanwhile, Mountbatten-Windsor is the royal family's official last name.
- He's a Taurus. Archie was born on May 6, 2019 at 5:26 a.m. and weighed 7 lbs. and 3 oz. The Taurus is a star sign and its traits include patience, dedication, and stability.
- He shares a special connection with Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. When Archie's birth certificate was made public, it was revealed that he was born at Portland Hospital in Westminster, England, which just so happens to be the same place where Eugenie and Beatrice were born.
- His birthstone is an emerald. According to the American Gem Society, the emerald is a symbol of rebirth and it's believed to grant foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- His birth flowers are Lily of the Valley and Hawthorn. The Lily of the Valley represents sweetness and motherhood, while the Hawthorn flower symbolizes hope.
- He made his first royal appearance two days after his birth. On May 8, Meghan and Harry gave the world a first look at their little bundle of joy when they stepped out as a family of three at Windsor Castle.
- He's already made his Instagram debut. Shortly after baby Archie's first royal appearance, his parents shared photos from the event on Instagram, marking Archie's Instagram debut.
- His birth made history. When baby Archie was born, he made history as the first British-American baby born into the royal family. He's also the first mixed-race royal family member. What an icon!
- He doesn't have a royal title — at least for now, anyway. Harry and Meghan have decided not to give their son a royal title, so for now he'll simply be Master Archie. However, this will change in the future when Prince Charles becomes king. Then, he'll be known as Prince Archie.
- He's seventh in line to the British throne. Following the birth of Prince Louis, Harry moved down a spot to sixth in line for the throne, making Archie seventh.