A Very Scientific Look at Pippa and Kate Middleton's Weddings, by the Numbers
Pippa Middleton wed financier James Matthews in a beautiful ceremony in Berkshire, UK, on May 20, 2017. Just like her older sister Kate, Pippa spared no expense when it came to her big day. The wedding is estimated to have cost more than a million dollars, how exactly did it stack up to Kate's royal wedding to Prince William? Let's find out.
- Pippa: Pippa and James were joined by 350 guests, including royal family members and singer Donna Air, tennis players Roger and Mirka Federer, and actress Meghan Markle.
- Kate: About 1,900 people were invited to Will and Kate's wedding, including Guy Ritchie, Ellie Goulding, and David and Victoria Beckham.
The Wedding Band
- Pippa: When Pippa tied the knot with James, she received a gold band similar to her sister's, reportedly totaling $20,146.
- Kate: Along with a sapphire sparkler that once belonged to Princess Diana, Kate was given a wedding band made from a lump of Welsh gold owned by the family, estimated to be worth $11,000.
- Pippa: The reception took place inside a glass palace in Pippa's parents' backyard. Not only did the glass palace take three days to build, but it reportedly cost $100,000.
- Kate: Will and Kate were able to have their wedding ceremony and reception at Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace free of charge.