These delicious and superhealthy tacos — a double dose of protein thanks to fish and Greek yogurt, plus fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats via mango and avocado — are an easy fix for a quick dinner disguised as a fun meal out, and hit the spot after a tough workout or just a long day at work!
- For the Fish and Marinade
- 3/4 pound fillet of white fish, such as halibut, mahimahi, or tilapia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- For the Mango Salsa
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 semi-ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- For the Greek Yogurt Crema
- 4 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- For the Tacos and Toppings
- 4 corn tortillas
- sliced avocado
- lime wedges
- Prep and bake the fish: Preheat oven to 350°F. Add a tablespoon olive oil, plus the paprika and cumin to the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish. Stir to make a quick marinade. Cut the fillet into four equal pieces and place in baking dish. Turn the fish to coat all sides with the mixture. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Make the salsa: Add 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar to the finely chopped red onion and set aside (doing this step first will temper the onion). Peel and chop the mango; destem and chop cilantro. Combine all ingredients, and stir gently to incorporate.
- Make the crema: Combine the Greek yogurt, chipotle, olive oil, and pinch salt in a small mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly incorporate.
- Assemble: Heat the tortillas in a nonstick frying pan over high heat until warm and approaching crunchy. If necessary, remove skin from fish — it will come off easily. Set one piece of fish on each warmed tortilla, followed by the salsa, crema, and toppings as you like!
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 2