In these comparison photos, the diagram on the left shows how most people are prioritizing cardio, "not lifting weights enough," and focusing on eating healthy without monitoring how much they're eating. Dimitri says, "people have it all backwards" and should focus on prioritizing their nutrition. In order to lose fat, they need to create a sustainable calorie deficit. As for workouts, their main focus should be on lifting weights, and cardio should be secondary.
Dimitri says, "Abs are cool right? I think so. You know whats not cool? People eating close to nothing and doing cardio like their life depended on it." He adds, "Yes cardio is important and cutting down on food is important but not as aggressively as most people think." He recommends taking a look at your diet, hitting the weights, and doing a little bit of cardio. Then get ready to see those abs!
Here are a few strength training workouts using weights you can try:
- Feel Like a Badass With Tone It Up's Full Body Dumbbell Workout
- 20-Minute Flat-Belly and Toned-Arms Video Workout
- 20-Minute Ab and Butt Workout Guaranteed to Leave You Sore Tomorrow
- Incinerate Fat and Build Muscle With This Kickass Printable Workout
- If Running Isn't Helping You Lose Weight, Do This 30-Minute Workout Instead