Jessica Simpson is no stranger to the struggle that comes with losing weight. But after teaming up with health heavyweights Weight Watchers and trainer Harley Pasternak, she walked down the aisle 60 pounds lighter!
Before she even hit the gym, Jessica gave her diet a complete makeover — without sacrificing taste. This egg breakfast is a perfect example of something lean, nutritious, and tasty; it's also one of the star's favorite recipes. If you find yourself rushing out the door every morning, we recommend roasting a big batch of vegetables on Sunday night that you can use for this dish all week long.
You will need four ramekins or single-serve baking dishes for this recipe.
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F, and cover a shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in pan and also spray with nonstick spray; toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Spray four 8- or 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick spray. Divide roasted vegetables evenly among cups. Make a well in the center of the vegetables, and carefully break one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place cups on baking sheet, and bake until eggs are just set, 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: Calorie Count
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Calories per serving