Keto Fudge Recipe
Combat Hunger and Cravings With This Adorable Keto Birthday Cake Fudge
Typical birthday cake is full of refined sugar and simple carbohydrates and offers very little nutritional value. You eat it, your blood sugar rises, you want more, you indulge, then shortly after you get a sugar crash, and the sugar addiction cycle continues. What if I told you I have a birthday-cake-flavored fudge recipe that won't raise your blood sugar, cause cravings or hunger shortly after eating it, and tastes incredible? Well look no further because I got you. This recipe is packed with protein and healthy fats. Why is this a good thing? These are going to literally turn off hunger hormones in your body, helping to regulate your appetite and decrease cravings throughout the rest of the day. Heck you may start wanting to take this to future birthday parties and have it instead of the cake, because it's that good — and actually makes you feel good too, unlike the cake.
Birthday Cake Keto Fudge
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (or nut butter of choice)
2 tablespoons Lee's Provisions maple ghee (or coconut oil for a vegan option)
2 tablespoons MCT oil
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I love LivWell's vegan vanilla)
1 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch pink salt
Sweetener of choice to taste *optional (I found it sweet enough from the protein, so didn't need to add any extra)
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the coconut butter, ghee, and sunflower seed butter.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the MCT oil, almond extract, salt, and protein powder, as well as sweetener if using.
- Mix well until there are no clumps of protein powder left.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold lined with coconut oil spray or extra ghee.
- Top with sprinkles if you are using, and place in the freezer until firm (about 45-60 minutes).
- Pop them out of the silicone mold once they have hardened up, and enjoy! You can store these in the fridge or freezer and keep them on hand whenever a sweet craving hits!
- North American
- 12-14 pieces
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds