Looking for an easy high-protein, high-fiber meal that's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? All you need for this recipe are basically three ingredients, one pan, and your oven.
For just over 400 calories, this roasted tofu, sweet potato, and bell pepper dish offers 34 grams of protein and 7.9 grams of fiber. It can be made from start-to-finish in about an hour, and since it makes five servings, it's the perfect recipe to make on meal-prep Sunday.
Enjoy a bowl with sliced avocado for a savory breakfast, put it on a salad for lunch, or use it as a filling for burritos for dinner. It includes all the essentials you need for weight loss — protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and fiber. But who cares?! It tastes amazing!
- 2 blocks super firm tofu (drained and cubed, or use Nasoya cubed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow; diced)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced, about 4 1/4 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the tofu in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in one tablespoon of oil, the garlic powder, ground ginger, and one-half teaspoon sea salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the peppers and sweet potatoes in a 9x13-inch glass dish or on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and mix to coat. Add the tofu and mix everything well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, roast for another 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Main Dishes, Tofu
- North American
- 5 servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving