We know you love smoothies and smoothie bowls, but have you tried smoothie pops? These fruit and Greek yogurt parfaits are frozen in treat form in a popsicle mold, making your breakfast feel a whole lot more like dessert (all while being a stealthily healthy breakfast!). You can also serve these as a cool treat on a hot day without worrying about excess added sugar — natural sugar from fruit, honey, and Greek yogurt will curb a sweet tooth without going overboard.
Another thing we love about these? The punch of filling protein from the Greek yogurt. Plus, they're so darn pretty! Serve 'em up at your next brunch party or backyard get-together, and get ready to accept a hostess-with-the-mostest award.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. honey
15 oz. berry-based smoothie
1 cup granola
- In a bowl, combine granola and 1 tablespoon honey.
- In another bowl, combine and mix Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons honey together.
- Sprinkle granola into the tip of the pop mold — approximately 1/4 of the mold.
- Add a dollop of the Greek yogurt blend into the mold, followed by a bit of the berry smoothie. Repeat this process until the mold is filled.
- Tap the mold to remove any excess air bubbles and force the smoothie blend into the tip of the mold with the granola.
- Use a knife or other kitchen utensil to swirl the berry smoothie and Greek yogurt in the mold. Do not worry if you mix in some of the granola as part of this process.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- North American
- 6 popsicles