- 1 tablespoon lower sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon canola oil (or olive oil)
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice (2/3 cup uncooked)
1 large egg, whisked
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce through ginger.
- Heat canola oil in a medium nonstick skillet or wok.
- Sauté carrots, onions, red pepper, and celery until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Create a small hole in the center of the vegetables, and add the whisked egg. Let set for about 30 seconds, then gently incorporate into the vegetable mixture.
- Add rice and soy sauce mixture and stir to combine, letting the liquid evaporate, about 1 minute more.
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrate: 73.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.214 g
Total Sugars: 10.4 g
Total Fat: 16.4 g
Saturated Fat: 3.043 g
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Makes 1 serving