When it comes to Summer desserts, we could all use a few no-bake sweets to add to our repertoire. This multicolored no-bake pie from No-Bake Desserts by Addie Gundry ($20) stars an unexpected ingredient: Kool-Aid.
Ombré, when one color fades into another, is a trend that has taken hold of everything from fashion to hair color and even wedding cakes. I happen to think it's beautiful, like an elegant version of tie-dye. When I found ombré doilies at the store, I had to make a pie that mimicked something similar. Colored with blue raspberry and black cherry, this pie is as pretty as it tastes.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (0.14-ounce) packet of blue raspberry Kool-Aid
- 1 (0.14-ounce) packet of black cherry Kool-Aid
- 1 store-bought (or homemade) graham cracker crust
- Silver sugar pearls for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and 1 container of the whipped topping.
- Add the two packets of Kool-Aid and stir until the colors begin to marble, without completely coloring the batter.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and transfer to the freezer. Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Top with additional whipped topping and silver sugar pearls. Serve cold.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- 1 pie; serves 6 to 8
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes | Chill Time: 4 hours or overnight