If you like to bake as much as I do, you probably get very excited when you spot a new dessert or recipe that want to try. Whether it's something for your backyard BBQ or a relaxing pool party, Summer is loaded with sweet moments ready for treats to match. But of course, each season has its own requirements, and the warmer months generally crave something lighter and fruitier yet every bit as decadent. Enter: Strawberry Bread. This easy recipe is quick to assemble and will make your mouth water at just the sight of it.
What I learned when putting it together was that you can play outside the lines a little and get creative with the batter. While I kept to a traditional bread loaf as the recipe calls for, I also put some of the leftover in cupcake tins to try out a different shape (add a strawberry frosting to really take things to the next level!). Disclaimer: the only thing that takes time is chopping up all the strawberries, so if you're in a rush, do this part ahead of time or turn it into a group activity. Then, get ready to watch it all disappear.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup oil
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped very fine (or use frozen, sliced strawberries)
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Spoon into 2 greased and floured 9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving