It's always the right time for pumpkin spice, and it's a tragedy so many places limit the drink to just two to three months out of the year. I usually mark down on my calendar the exact day Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts will release their fall menus, and then proceed to only consume pumpkin spice anything until I feel like pumpkin puree runs through my veins. But while I do enjoy looking forward to their return in coffee shops, I also wanted to learn how to make my own at home. If you're also on the hunt for endless pumpkin spice drinks and want to save some money, then check out this Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice Latte copycat recipe.
Luckily, it's not entirely a made-from-scratch drink, as it actually calls for the pumpkin spice coffee blend by Dunkin' Donuts, but I still got to add in my own flair. The prep itself is incredibly simple, and I only used one pan. After brewing a cup of the coffee and setting a few mugs aside, I mixed pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice in a sauce pan, adding in sugar and vanilla to make a syrup. I definitely recommend following the instructions of stirring consistently and without getting distracted, because it's easy to burn the mixture (trust me, I learned from my failures). Once the syrup blended together, I added in the milk (I chose almond milk) and used one of the hand frothers I got from Ikea. I basically was like a TikTok coffee connoisseur.
I'm a huge iced-coffee-lover, so I tried the drink out both iced and hot and I loved both. I'm also a sucker for the final look, so I added whipped cream and even more pumpkin pie spice to my hot drinks and then turned on Taylor Swift's "Cardigan" to really bring it home. If you're interested in making your own Dunkin' lattes, check out the recipe from Sugar & Soul below — I highly recommend it!
For dairy-free or plant-based diets, substitute almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk for whole milk.
- 1 cup Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice Coffee
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
- Brew a cup of Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice Latte coffee and split the batch into two separate mugs or cups of choice (half a cup in each).
- Heat the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly, thick syrup.
- Next, add the milk. You can add it directly to the syrup mixture, but it may not have that same frothy texture. You can also warm the milk in a separate pan and blend the two together. If you have it, grab your hand frother to create a foaming texture.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and foamed milk to your coffee. You can also add some whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumkin pie spice on top. If you want it iced, let it cool and add ice.
- 2 servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds