"My bicep is twitching," Lana Condor jokingly whined as she kneaded her dough, blessed with its own "big booty," to make homemade pizza. Between climbing on top of her kitchen counter to reach the flour and working her dough to perfection, the 22-year-old actress's new YouTube video is indeed a pizza tutorial and workout in one.
It's no secret Lana is an adorable, talented actress, but who knew the To All the Boys I've Loved Before star was also a low-key chef? In case you missed it, the actress has a YouTube channel where she posts makeup tutorials, behind-the-scenes videos, and, hopefully, more food content. In her first-ever cooking video, Lana shared her surprisingly simple recipe for homemade cheese pizza. All it takes is a lot of kneading, patience, and the right ingredients.
Check out the video above to watch Lana being relatable and cute for nine minutes straight — and to learn how to make her homemade pizza, of course. You can also print out or follow along with her easy recipe below.
- 2 1/2 cups room temperature water
2 tablespoons yeast
7 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the water and yeast in a bowl and let it sit.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and olive oil.
- Add the bloomed yeast to the flour mixture.
- Use your hands to combine the wet and dry mixtures. If it feels dry, add a little bit of water.
- Once you feel like it's solid enough, put the mixture on a flat board. Continue to pat the dough until it's fully formed.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Coat the same bowl you used for your dry mixture with olive oil and add your dough.
- Set dough aside and let it rise for about four hours or longer, if desired.
- Preheat a pizza pan in the oven at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Once your dough is ready, cut it into four large pieces.
- Take each piece and tap the dough into flat pie shapes.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt to the crushed tomatoes, then take a scoop of the sauce and spread it out on the dough using the bottom of your measuring cup.
- Grate a fine layer of mozzarella over the pizza and top it with fresh basil.
- Transfer the pizza onto your preheated pizza pan and pop it into your oven.
- Watch your pizza closely and remove it from the oven when it's cooked to your liking. (According to Lana, there's no exact time.)
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- 4 pies