How to Make Starbucks's Apple Crisp Macchiato at Home
This Homemade Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato Recipe From TikTok Tastes Just Like Fall
When it comes to seasonal coffee drinks, there's no doubt that the pumpkin spice latte reigns supreme. After all, whether it's prepared hot or iced, the iconic beverage offers warm and cozy flavors that taste just like fall. But if you're craving something a bit different this season, consider trying the Apple Crisp Macchiato, a new drink on Starbucks's fall menu. The beverage, like the PSL, is available for a limited time — unless you learn how to make it at home, that is.
TikTok user Dan McLaughlin (@softpourn) demonstrated how to make an Apple Crisp Macchiato from the comfort of your home in a viral TikTok. The process calls for a homemade apple syrup, which will make your home smell amazing, so you can never go wrong with that. To get into the fall spirit, I re-created McLaughlin's recipe below. I also topped it off with coconut-based whipped cream, just because I was feeling extra. The verdict? This Apple Crisp Macchiato recipe is so good and will definitely be in my regular beverage rotation this fall.
Copycat Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato
TikTok user @softpourn
A macchiato consists of espresso and milk, but if you don't have an espresso machine, you can make this drink with strong black coffee instead. Also, this recipe calls for a drizzle of caramel sauce and cinnamon sugar, which you can make by mixing 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 4 tablespoons white sugar. For a richer drink, top it off with whipped cream before adding the caramel and cinnamon sugar.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
Peels from 1 granny smith apple
1 shot espresso (or 1/3 cup strong coffee)
Milk of your choice
Whipped cream (optional)
Caramel sauce (optional)
Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Combine the dark brown sugar, water, apple peels, and cinnamon sticks in a small pot or pan over high heat. Whisk well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium.
- Simmer until the liquid reduces by about half.
- Strain the mixture, and let cool.
- In a glass, add 1/2 ounce (about 1 tablespoon) syrup. You can add more or less depending on your desired level of sweetness.
- Fill the glass about halfway with milk. Follow with ice and a shot of espresso or strong black coffee.
- Finish with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and/or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Drinks, Coffee
- 1 drink
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds