The list of under-the-radar items on the secret menu at Starbucks is constantly growing, and the latest addition is exceptionally bright! Meet the Ube Frappuccino. While Starbucks doesn't carry the purple yam from the Philippines as an ingredient for its drinks or food items, a few Instagram users have swapped some basic Frappuccino steps to re-create the delicious taste and eye-catching color of ube products. The instructions were spelled out by the kind folks at TotallytheBomb.com, and it has all the refreshing, energizing ingredients one could want from a blended summer beverage.
Before asking your barista for a bright purple Frappuccino and being served a serious look of confusion (under a mask, of course), check out a step-by-step guide for how to order one the next time you're in need of a midday pick-me-up:
- Order a grande vanilla bean Frappuccino with two pumps of toffee nut syrup.
- Ask for one scoop of dragonfruit inclusions and one scoop of blackberry inclusions to be blended with the Frappuccino. (Some people have simply ordered two scoops of dragonfruit inclusions.)
- Ask for half a banana to be blended with the Frappuccino as well.
- If you so desire, request for the drink to be topped with whipped cream once the blended drink is poured in the cup.
- Time to get sipping and enjoy!
Check out photos of the deliciously bright Ube Frappuccino from the secret menu at Starbucks ahead.