These Easy Step-by-Step Instructions Will Show You How to Add a Voice to a TikTok Videos
If you've been on TikTok lately, you've probably seen a video with a more energetic and upbeat voice playing as the audio as opposed to Siri's voice, which used to be the norm. (If you've noticed the change, this is thanks to a lawsuit filed by the voice actor who claimed she never agreed to be featured in the app.) These videos range from funny to informational, and they're great to make when you're not in the mood to hear your own voice playing back at you. If you've been wondering how to get this voice as your audio for a TikTok clip, you've come to the right place! Follow these easy steps to learn how to use this effect now.
- First, open the TikTok app and tap the plus sign in the middle of the screen.
- Then, film a video or upload one you already took, and tap the "Upload" button.
- From there, click the checkmark. (Note: the text-to-speech can only be as long as the video. If it takes the voice longer to read the message than the video, it will be cut off.)
- To get the new voice to read what you wrote, tap on the text. An option will pop up that says "Text-to-Speech."
- You will then hear Siri's voice reading back the text.
- From there, just add a caption and upload the video.
- Done and done!