Source: POPSUGAR Photography
Ring in the New Year with beauty resolutions that will have you looking your best in 2015. Now is the time to ditch bad habits and bravely embrace new pretty trends. Push yourself to try something different and you might find you get more compliments, feel better about yourself, and build your beauty self-confidence. You couldn't ask for more, right? We have a few tips and tricks for getting yourself on the right track this New Year.
- Looped pony: We hear 2015 is the year for loose braids, looped ponytails, and gentle waves. The look was all over Spring Fashion Week, and it's an easy way to get your hair out of your face, revealing your glowing smile.
- Clean face: We get it that you're busy, but start the year right with the resolution to wash your face every night. Along with clearing your skin, getting in the routine of washing your face and following a regular beauty routine sets your skin up for years of happiness. And for the nights you're feeling superlazy, stash face wipes next to your bed.
- Fresh nails: Another look that's hot for the New Year is negative-space manicures, which are also really healthy for your nails. Keeping them covered with polish can result in brittle, yellow nails, so resolving to go polish free every couple of days — or experimenting with this new trend and skipping the clear base or top coat — is a great way to take care of your hands.
- Stop popping: You guys, if you're still attacking your pimples, it's time to stop. Really. You might think you're doing the right thing by squeezing blemishes, but you're actually doing more damage than you realize. Popping causes everything from enlarging pores to potentially causing broken capillaries, so allow your zit to run its course and cover with concealer instead.
- Go to sleep: Make 2015 the year you go to bed early. And as cheesy as it sounds, it's called "beauty sleep" for a reason. While you're snoozing, your body takes the time to rejuvenate — including your skin cells. So stop with the all-nighters and start getting some sleep. Your skin will thank you.
- Hydrate: Start the year right and drink more water. It's pretty much the best thing you can do for your skin, hair, and nails, so start sipping.
- Air-dry texture: Give your locks a break and let them air dry, adding a bit more texture to your look. And it's also so healthy for your hair to skip the blow dryer. This look is so on trend for 2015, seen all over the place during Spring Fashion Week. For extra volume, gently braid hair in sections and once dry, undo braids and run fingers through your hair.
- Clear out: Here's the deal, most of your makeup has reached its unhealthy shelf life, so take the time to go through items and update as needed. Check out this helpful guide while you're going through your stuff.
- Stop snapping: OK, we're not suggesting you completely stop taking selfies, but maybe it is time to do a bit of editing. And while you're at it, stop comparing yourself to celebrities who have beauty teams that help them look amazing every day. Just be true to yourself, and let your inner beauty speak for itself.
- Do it now: That bad habit you're still doing in hiding? Yeah, it's time to stop it. Whether it's smoking, tanning, or overdyeing your hair, make the resolution to stop it now. You'll thank yourself next year.
- Say yes to SPF: If you aren't already wearing sunblock, it's time to start layering it on. Even if your foundation includes an SPF, pick up a sunscreen and add it to your morning makeup routine, protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Hand love: Your hands are so important, being an integral part of your body. Along with helping you do so many things, they are also touched by others — and are also superexposed to lots of damaging stuff. Keep them moisturized and also covered in sunscreen daily.
- Do something new: Whether it's going makeup free for the day or chopping your locks, be adventurous and try something new this year. Along with changing up your look, it's so liberating to try something different.
- Love you: Make 2015 the year of celebrating you, resolving to make more time for yourself. Love who you are, how you look, and your accomplishments. True beauty comes from within, so let your loveliness shine.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography