Natural Beauty Foods That Work
10 Foods That Belong on Your Face
Right now, you probably have some the gentlest yet most effective skin care ingredients sitting around your kitchen. Foods are often the source of costly skin care ingredients, after all. But have you ever considered just putting the raw version on? Learn how to be a real natural beauty when you keep reading.
- Green tea — Full of antioxidants and helpful for reducing redness, rinsing your face in cool green tea is a great way to gently soothe skin.
- Avocado — An excellent moisturizer, avocado is great as a face mask, mashed up in hair, or use just about anywhere you could use a little extra hydration.
- Cherries — Another antioxidant superstar, these guys are also great for evening out skin tone.
- Oatmeal — For a fast-acting soother, look no further than oatmeal, which has major anti-inflammatory properties. You can drop it in the bath, slather it on your face, or even use it as a gentle scrub.
- Papaya — Want to decongest your skin fast? The papain in this fruit makes one of the best enzyme masks around.
- Lemon — The acid in this fruit can whiten nails, give your hair natural-looking highlights, and help slough off dry, flaky skin.
- Egg white — Not just for omelets anymore, egg white masks are a classic way to improve tone and texture.
- Olive oil — This kitchen staple is great for hydrating hair and smooth dry spots on skin.
- Sugar — There's no sweeter natural exfoliant. Mix this with a little olive, almond, or apricot oil for a great lip and body scrub.
- Honey — This natural antimicrobial also soothes and draws moisture into skin. Use it in masks or as a spot treatment.