Have a Pretty Little Liars Halloween With These Costume Ideas
It's no secret that Pretty Little Liars had a serious dark side. The show constantly kept you guessing, and that's why it's still the perfect inspiration for Halloween. The shocking series finale has come and gone, and with the show recently over, there's no time like the present to channel an iconic Rosewood character on the scariest day of the year.
- What to wear: Things haven't really changed between "A" and "A.D." Wear a black hoodie, black ski mask, black pants, black gloves, and black boots. Everything black.
- How to act: "A.D." is constantly sneaking around and causing mischief.
- What to wear: Like "A.D.," Mary Drake dresses all in black. Even her hair is really dark!
- How to act: Tortured and secretive. You've got a lot going on, but you're not willing to let anyone in.
- What to wear: You can dress in nicer clothes, like a button-up shirt and a blazer and slacks. You could also go the most obvious route and wear doctor gear, like a lab coat and a stethoscope. If you want to get really creative, though, bloody yourself up to the dead version of the character.
- How to act: Shifty, maniacal, and downright evil. Don't forget that Archer has a British accent and constantly tortures Ali.
- What to wear: Dark clothes and big, black sunglasses.
- How to act: Make sure you have a walking stick and perhaps someone to lead you around. Jenna always has that sly smile, too, like she knows something you don't.
Radley Sanitarium Nurses
- What to wear: If you want to go as one of the liars in disguise, make sure you nail their personal hair and makeup styles. Then just add an old-fashioned nurse uniform.
- How to act: Like you're undercover and searching for something important.
Alison DiLaurentis (The Night of the Disappearance)
- What to wear: The most important parts are the yellow, ruffled tank top and the curly blond hair. Rub dirt on yourself to make it seem like you were buried alive.
- How to act: Scared. You've spun a huge web of lies and secrets, and all of it is crashing down on you.
Alison DiLaurentis (as Red Coat)
- What to wear: A red coat, obviously! The blond hair is a good signifier too.
- How to act: Red Coat pops up at the most random moments, so be sly, stealthy, and quick.
- What to wear: Wren is most recognizable in his doctor's uniform, so get some scrubs, a stethoscope, and a lab coat.
- How to act: Cocky and witty. Make sure you master your British accent!
- What to wear: Spencer definitely has a preppy style, so any way you want to emulate that is your choice.
- How to act: Smart and sophisticated. Spencer knows what she wants and exactly how to get it.
Spencer Hastings (as a Radley Patient)
- What to wear: A robe and comfortable clothes (like pajamas). Tease your hair out and scrawl notes into your notebook.
- How to act: Listen, Spencer has had some dark moments. Don't forget to play it a little crazy.
Toby Cavanaugh (as a Police Officer)
- What to wear: A police officer costume would definitely do the trick.
- How to act: Young, ambitious, and ready to do good. And flirt with your girlfriend.
The Queen of Hearts
- What to wear: This mask looks like a classic Carnevale sort of mask, so it shouldn't be hard to find! Pair with a red or black cloak.
- How to act: The Queen of Hearts doesn't speak and isn't afraid to get violent.
The Black Swan
- What to wear: A black, feathery dress and a matching mask.
- How to act: Silent and mysterious.
- What to wear: Emily has a casual, laid-back style. Here's hoping you have the hair to pull off her look!
- How to act: Emily is level-headed, loyal, and logical. She always tries her best to figure out a mystery or be a good friend.
The Black Widow
- What to wear: A black dress, black gloves, and a black lace veil.
- How to act: Much like the Black Swan, the Black Widow doesn't speak and hangs mysteriously in the background.
- What to wear: Hanna arguably has the most feminine style of the main girls. She wears a lot of pink, loves designer bags, etc. Use any and all bright colors, prints — whatever you want!
- How to act: Hanna's more street smart than book smart, and she's bold. Don't take any crap from anyone.
Hanna Marin (After She Goes Edgy)
- What to wear: "Edgy" Hanna isn't much different from regular Hanna, but you can add some punkier accents in, as well as those black streaks.
- How to act: The same as regular Hanna but moodier and more troubled.
Gas Mask Man
- What to wear: Remember this guy who terrorizes the girls in Ravenswood? Get an old army outfit (helmet included!) and a just-as-old gas mask.
- How to act: This guy doesn't speak, but he packs a mean punch. Try to intimidate people so they don't mess with you.
- What to wear: Caleb has a very punky, edgy style. Wear dark clothes, and give your hair an alternative-looking style.
- How to act: Caleb's kind of a rebel, so don't be afraid to let out your inner bad boy.
- What to wear: Aria definitely has an edgier style than most of the other girls. Wear black or dark clothes, don't shy away from skulls or spikes, and add that pink streak if you wish.
- How to act: Aria's confident and artistic. She knows how to keep a secret, and she's the best liar of the group. She's obviously a sweetheart, but make sure you give her an edge.
The Liars in Their Orange Jumpsuits
- What to wear: Orange jumpsuits and worried expressions.
- How to act: Like you're scared for your goddamned lives.
- What to wear: A full tux, plus a mask that looks like the one shown here.
- How to act: Mysterious. Don't let anyone see under that mask.
The Liars in Their Destroyed Prom Dresses
- What to wear: Gorgeous dresses that you then completely ruin with dirt.
- How to act: Like you need to find a way out, yesterday.
The Liars on Prom Night
- What to wear: Each friend will have to find a dress similar to one of the liars'.
- How to act: Like you're at the end of your rope, and you need answers.
The Liars From the Christmas Episode
- What to wear: White- and blue-toned gowns with varying degrees of lace, glitter, and sequins.
- How to act: Like you're ready to have fun but also suspicious that there's a murderer stalking you.
Mona From the Christmas Episode
- What to wear: A huge silver wig with a crazy grey and white dress, complete with sleeves.
- How to act: Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, with a seriously sassy twist.
Cece Drake From the Christmas Episode
- What to wear: Like you're going into a Winter wonderland and you're the queen. Don't forget your silver face glitter, that part is crucial.
- How to act: Shady as hell.