15 Vampire Diaries Costumes You Can Really Sink Your Teeth Into
The Vampire Diaries finished up its eighth and final season in 2017, but it's still cool to look to some of our favorite characters (living and undead) for a little Halloween inspiration. Not only do Elena and the Salvatore brothers have some iconic looks, but they're also incredibly easy to re-create. So grab some fake vampire teeth and a leather jacket and get ready to kill it with your costume.
- What to wear: A black leather jacket, red top, flared jeans, and black converse shoes. Straighten your hair with a middle part. Don't forget to wear your vervain pendant to ward off vampires.
- How to act: Like a damsel who's always in distress but refuses to let anyone save her.
- What to wear: It's all about the hero hair. Once you've perfected your 'do, pair your look with a simple navy v-neck, dark blue jeans, and black combat boots. Don't forget to wear your Salvatore daylight ring.
- How to act: Your face should look perplexed, like you're in pain or you're thinking about something really important.
- What to wear: Your outfit should be similar to Stefan's, but slightly darker. Swap a navy tee and blue jeans for black and you're ready to go. Don't forget your matching daylight ring and a black leather jacket to pull it all together.
- How to act: Like the sexy beast that you know you are.
- What to wear: It's all about layering. Go for a flowy top and jeans paired with a long necklace for that perfect boho Bonnie look. Don't forget your Grimoire just in case you need to save your friends from the supernatural . . . again.
- How to act: Like you're the baddest witch in town. Feel free to murmur some words like a spell under your breath for effect.
- What to wear: You are basically the Taylor Swift of vampires. You're going to need a floral strapless dress with a matching cardigan. Don't forget your perfect golden locks and your daylight ring.
- How to act: Like an insecure, neurotic control freak on crack.
- What to wear: A dark blue button-down and black slacks are all you need. Just don't forget your favorite bottle of bourbon.
- How to act: Like the happy town drunk. Warm and inviting, just like your drink.
- What to wear: A blue hoodie and jeans will suffice. Don't forget your crossbow in case you get the itch to kill off some hybrids. For extra effect, paint the Hunter's Mark down your arm.
- How to act: Like the dorky little brother who isn't so little anymore. Take any chance you get to show off your superhuman strength.
- What to wear: All you need is a dopey smile and your Mystic Grill work shirt with casual some jeans and you're good to go. Just don't forget your Gilbert ring in case you run into some rowdy vampires in town.
- How to act: Like you have a heart of gold despite all the bad things happening around you.
- What to wear: A black polo, gray jeans, and a green military jacket. Don't forget your good running shoes, just in case you need to jet out of there for a full moon.
- How to act: Like every little thing gets you mad. Don't be afraid to howl it out.
- What to wear: Simplicity is key. All you need is a gray hoodie, dark jeans, and a black leather jacket. Don't forget the hair gel.
- How to act: Fake an accent and go around calling people mate.
- What to wear: It's all about that 1900s fashion. You're going to need a high-collared white lace gown complete with stylish gloves. Don't forget your broad brimmed hat.
- How to act: Continuously ask people if they've seen your family and when they reply "no" respond by hissing your teeth at them.
- What to wear: You're definitely going to need extensions to pull off Lexi's long locks. Once you've got the hair down, pair it with a black tee, gray skirt, and dark lipstick. Add some hoop earrings and a chunky necklace and you're ready to go.
- How to act: Be the life of the party when you want to be, but also keep an eye out for your friends.
- What to wear: A classic police costume paired with a navy jacket that reads sheriff on the back.
- How to act: Like you're not a regular mom, you're a cool mom. You run this town and you're not afraid of no vampires.
- What to wear: It's all black everything and the tighter the better. To distinguish yourself from Elena don't forget your long ringlets and uncomfortably high stilettos.
- How to act: Be stealthy but seductive. Squint your eyes and purse your lips for extra effect.
- What to wear: Get decked out in '90s gear. You know, cargo pants and your favorite band tee. Don't forget the fake blood.
- How to act: Like a complete sociopath. Smile at unusual times and be full of witty one-liners.