My daughter loves corn dogs, which makes this recipe a regular at our house. We fill them with cheese, ketchup, and sometimes mustard, for adding to school lunches or even eating for a light dinner. It's an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
- 1 box cornmeal muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
2 hot dogs, cut into thirds
6 squares of cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare the cornbread muffin mix according to the box directions, mixing together with the egg and milk.
- Make a slice in the hotdogs then slide in the square of cheese. Top with a squirt of ketchup.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and divide the cornbread batter among the six cups.
- Press a section of hot dog into each cup then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American
- 6 muffins
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds