Once the popcorn is finished, toss with your child's favorite goodies, like chocolate chips, minimarshmallows, peanuts, or even raisins for a really special treat.
To create different colors of popcorn, divide the recipe between various colors of JELL-O gelatin. Or make several large batches and save leftovers for colorful afternoon snacks later in the week.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
1/4 cup butter
1 3-ounce package JELL-O gelatin
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanuts, optional
1/2 cup minimarshmallows, optional
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Cover the pan with the popcorn.
- Heat the JELL-O gelatin, sugar, and butter in a small sauce pan, stirring until the butter has melted and ingredients have dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour over the popcorn, stirring with a spatula to distribute. Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then mix with additional ingredients as desired and enjoy!
- Snacks, Kids
- North American