Change up your child's lunchbox routine with macaroni and cheese bites that are so ridiculously good you might even find yourself sneaking a few into your own brown bag in the mornings too. Make a double batch of macaroni and cheese for dinner and use the leftovers for making a dozen for kid lunches all week.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese mix
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Following the directions on the box, fill a large stock pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer the noodles until they are cooked through then drain.
- Return to the pot and mix with the butter, milk, and cheese packet. Stir until incorporated then cool for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease muffin tins then dust with the bread crumbs.
- Add the egg to the macaroni and cheese and stir. Scoop into tins then top with the cheese and any remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are bubbly brown.
- Let cool in the tins then remove.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American
- 12 bites
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds