- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
4 Libby's Sweet Peas Vegetable Cups or 1 can Libby's Sweet Peas
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
1 pound orecchiette or shell pasta
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Mix the ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest in a small bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of water.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Drain the peas and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the pasta to the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the pasta and peas into a large bowl. Mix in the ricotta mixture and 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Stir until the ricotta is evenly incorporated with the pasta. If it is too dry, add reserved water a little at a time. Add the remaining parmesan and remove from heat.
- Add chopped mint and additional pepper.
- Main Dishes
- 5-6 servings