Valentine's Day Heart Cookies
From Sarah Lipoff, POPSUGAR Moms
- 1 16.5-ounce tube Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
Flour for dusting your work space
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Divide the dough into three, placing each section in a small mixing bowl. Add 5 to 10 drops of desired food coloring to each, and gently kneed until the color is incorporated. We had fun with red, yellow, green, and blue for our cookies.
- Dust your work area with flour, and gently roll the cookie dough until it's around 1/2 inch thick. You don't want the cookies too thin or they will burn around the edges, which isn't pretty.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough; I found smaller hearts, around 1 to 2 inches in size, worked best. Place on a parchment-covered sheet pan, leaving at least 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix together the edible paints by mixing 1 teaspoon powdered sugar with a few drops of red food coloring in a small container. Add a few drops of water to thin as needed.
- Once cool, use a clean brush to write messages on the cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American