Eating sweets for breakfast might not be as bad for your waistline as you think, but you can have dessert in the morning and stay on the healthy track with these antioxidant-packed doughnuts. They're very low in sugar, gluten-free, and loaded with the flavor of your favorite berries.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Frozen or fresh organic blueberries
- Raspberry Frosting
- ½ cup honey Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberry powder
- Freeze-dried blueberry powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease two doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the almond milk, honey, egg, and vanilla. Make sure the wet ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Set the mixture aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill each doughnut mold halfway with the batter and add 4 blueberries on top. Do not press the blueberries into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Remove the pan from the oven and let the doughnuts cool for about 5-7 minutes in the pan. Invert the doughnuts onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Make the raspberry frosting while the doughnuts are cooling, and mix together the honey yogurt and freeze-dried raspberry powder.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, dip each doughnut into the yogurt frosting. You may need to use the back of a spoon to even out the frosting. Sprinkle each doughnut with freeze-dried blueberry powder and ENJOY!
- 10 Servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour