For a refreshing vegan recipe that's packed with protein, add this quick black bean and mango salad to your Spring and Summer lunchtime rotation. With more than 13 grams of fiber and nearly 17 grams of protein, this light, clean, and potassium-rich dish will refuel your body after a tough workout, help you rehydrate, and even help soothe sore muscles. Make a big batch in advance, and serve it over a bed of baby kale, alongside some toasted whole-wheat pita (pictured), or on top of some scrambled eggs for a protein-rich riff on salsa.
- 8 ounces black beans (one can)
10 ounces mango, diced (one small mango)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine black beans and diced mango in a large bowl.
- Add the lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and maple syrup to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the chopped cilantro, and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until you're ready to enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves three
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving