A Cobb salad may sound like a healthy order, but more often than not, it's a sneaky calorie bomb. Loaded with oversize portions of bacon, blue cheese, avocado, and fatty dressing, you can easily eat half your recommended calories for the day in one sitting. All those ingredients are the things that make a Cobb salad a Cobb salad, so don't fret that this is an ultralight recipe that won't look, taste, or feel anything like the original. This healthier version may weigh in under 375 calories, but it hits all the notes you love about the classic. I promise.
Related: The Easiest Salad You'll Ever Make
You can serve with whatever dressing you wish (even 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar would be delicious!), but I highly recommend tossing yours with our 40-calorie blue cheese if you're bummed that blue cheese crumbles aren't included in this Cobb's ingredients.
- 1 strip turkey bacon
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) precooked chicken breast, diced
- 10 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- Cook your slice of bacon according to the package directions, and dice into small pieces.
- Start with your bed of spinach, and layer your turkey bacon, egg, grape tomatoes, and chicken in lines (as pictured), or toss them on all together. Top with your diced avocado.
- Toss with your favorite dressing, and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 1 large salad
- Calories per serving