If a slice of pizza is one of your weaknesses, it's not something you'll want to indulge in on a regular basis, especially if you usually down two slices or more. Here's a healthier option that'll satisfy your need for a slice.
The warm and juicy baked tomato melts in your mouth along with the cheese. And the hint of fresh basil adds the perfect taste of Summer.
This pizza alternative is a cinch to whip up since the dough is made from slices of packaged quinoa polenta, making this dish gluten-free.
To see this simple 250-calorie recipe keep reading.
- 1 tube of quinoa polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Pour the oil in a pan and heat on low.
- Cut the polenta into 15 quarter-inch-thick slices.
- Place the polenta in the pan and cook each side until slightly golden brown, about 10 minutes each side.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the polenta on foil on a cookie sheet. Top each piece with a slice of tomato. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Main Dishes
- Three servings (five pieces)
- Calories per serving