Craving a huge bowl of comfort food right about now? If you've never tried swapping pasta for spaghetti squash, you'll be amazed at how this low-carb alternative can satisfy your need for noodles while also fitting into your weight-loss goals.
Instead of baking it in your oven, here's a no-fuss way to prepare this veggie that takes all of five minutes. And the best part is you don't have to watch it at all. You can thank your slow cooker for this one.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the squash.
- 1 whole medium-sized spaghetti squash
- Wash the squash and poke it 10 times with a sharp knife.
- Place the entire squash in your slow cooker (no water needed), and secure the lid.
- Cook on either low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4. You'll know it's ready when the outer flesh is soft.
- Carefully remove from the slow cooker as it will be flimsy and hot.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds to later roast, and use a fork to pull the strand-like flesh away from the peel.
- Now it's ready to use in your favorite recipe — here are some spaghetti squash recipe ideas.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 5 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds