No Cleanses Necessary: 6 Daily Detox Habits
The concept of detoxing doesn't have to be scary; there's no need to feel deprived, as you're taking care of your body! Incorporate these doable tips into your daily routine to support your health and feel your best every day.
- Drink hot water with lemon: Make a cup of hot water with fresh lemon juice part of your morning ritual. As you hydrate with H2O, the lemon works to balance your body's pH and aid in healthy digestion.
- Sweat it out: Beyond weight-loss goals, a quick cardio session at the gym builds sweat, which helps your body eliminate toxins. If you have access to a sauna or steam room at the gym, even better! A little extra time in these facilities after a solid workout will help you sweat, detox, and purify your body double time.
- Eat more produce: Keeping your diet consistently clean and full of natural, unprocessed foods is one of the most effective ways to detox every day — and a clean diet is full of fresh veggies and fruits. Be sure to incorporate detoxifying produce that supports healthy liver and kidney function like cabbage, beets, and leafy greens.
- Try yoga twists: Yogi superstar Tara Stiles puts it best: "Twists just get things moving." Your digestive system and all your internal organs reap benefits from twisting postures that put your body in positions it's not used to. Build your own internal heat with a detoxifying yoga sequence full of twists and strength-building postures.
- Cook at home: Eating out at restaurants should be an occasional treat — not an everyday occurrence. Cook at home to have complete control of the healthy ingredients going into your meal. You never know what restaurants toss into the mix with flavor — not health — in mind. Check out these detox recipes for kitchen inspiration.
- Sip on green tea: Overstimulating with loads of coffee can leave you feeling anxious and unfocused, so swap out your second cup of joe for antioxidant-rich green tea. It's high in catechins, which speed up liver activity and increase the production of detoxification enzymes.