It's pumpkin spice season, and while lattes and baked goods are typically packed with sugar — a no-no on most low-carb plans, including the ketogenic diet — this pumpkin bread recipe delivers Fall flavor without the extra carbs. In fact, we'd argue that it's perfectly acceptable to toast a slice of this moist, sweet, nutrient-packed bread and have it for breakfast, with a cup of coffee or on its own.
So, how do you strike this perfect balance of satisfying and low-carb? You'll use a number of keto-friendly pantry staples, including almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut oil, as well as the low-calorie sweetener erythritol. For that classic pumpkin flavor, you'll add canned pumpkin pie mix. (If you can't find it, try a simple pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice mixed in.)
I personally love how simple and mess-free this recipe is to make. Just add your dry ingredients into a bowl, and your wet ingredients into another, and that's it!
Top the pumpkin bread with some raw pumpkin seeds for a nice bit of crunch, some extra protein, and a dose of healthy fats. Or, for something more indulgent, you could consider replacing the pumpkin seeds with low-carb chocolate chips. It really just depends on how strictly you're limiting your carbs, but remember it's good to treat yourself every now and then.
If you can't find pumpkin pie mix, try a simple pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice mixed in.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
1 cup pumpkin pie puree
2/3 cup erythritol
1/4 cup milk of choice
1 to 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray and line a loaf pan with oil and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin pie puree, erythritol, and milk. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and use a rubber spatula to mix them together.
- Transfer to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds across the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, just until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Desserts, Cake
- 10 slices
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds