We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share delicious recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand-new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 foods that are zero SmartPoints®, from skinless chicken and turkey breast to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
Celebrity chef Damaris Phillips is a master of Southern food, so you can trust that her popcorn chicken chili is delicious! This twist on a classic is hearty, authentic, and on the table in just 30 minutes. There's no need to count the fire-roasted corn, skinless and boneless chicken breasts, beans, or nonfat yogurt as they are all zero Points®. Now that's hot.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (6 Points®)
Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
3 celery stalks, cut into medium dice (about 1 cup)
1 medium onion, cut into medium dice (about 2 cups)
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into medium dice (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (3 Points®)
4 cups store-bought chicken stock, warmed
1 cup fire-roasted frozen corn
2 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans
1 14-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne, depending on how much spice you like
1 pound grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, large dice
Nonfat unsweetened yogurt, for garnish
Green onions, for garnish
3 cups light white cheddar popcorn, to garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a large Dutch oven and heat over medium heat. When hot, add the celery, onions, and bell peppers and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir to coat the vegetables, and cook until the flour starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the warm chicken stock, stirring until combined. Add the corn, beans, tomatoes, garlic powder, and cumin, and bring to a simmer, cooking until the mixture starts to thicken, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and cayenne, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes to warm through. Serve garnished with yogurt, green onions, and 1/2 cup popcorn.
With popcorn: a serving size consists of 2 cups of chili + 1/2 cup popcorn. Recipe serves 6 (2 Points® per serving)
Without popcorn: a serving size consists of 2 cups of chili. Recipe serves 6 (1.5 Points® per serving)
- North American