We've partnered with The Original Donut Shop® Coffee to help you #havemorefun with your coffee break by adding a delicious doughnut that will pair perfectly with your java.
Few food pairings are as satisfying as a decadent doughnut and a mug full of fresh, flavorful coffee, but why not kick your doughnut up a notch by adding your coffee directly to the recipe? The rich, buttery taste of a traditional doughnut complements the delicious taste of the added The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Regular for a snack that will make your afternoon break infinitely more fun. Get ready to dunk them into a flavorful cup of coffee and enjoy!
- For the Coffee Milk Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Regular
1 tablespoon whole milk
- For the Doughnuts:
Nonstick cooking spray
2 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Regular, room temperature
1/2 cup milk
- Special equipment:
Nonstick doughnut pan
- Make The Original Donut Shop® Coffee and set aside to cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Slowly add coffee 1 tablespoon at a time, and add milk gradually until glaze thickly coats the back of a spoon.
- To make doughnuts, preheat oven to 425°F. Grease doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer, blend together butter, oil, and sugar for 1 minute. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract. Alternate adding flour mixture, coffee, and milk until combined. Pour batter into a plastic bag or piping bag.
- Snip the corner of the plastic bag and pipe batter into the pan, filling each well 1/4 inch from the top. Bake for 6-8 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, dip into the glaze, rotating as you lift up, and return to the wire rack.
- North American
- 8-10 Servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds