Not a fan of marshmallows? This pie bakes up wonderfully without them. Just finish with a dusting of powdered sugar for a touch of sweetness.
- For the crust
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup cashews
- For the filling
2 cups plus 1/2 cup Silk Cashewmilk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup minimarshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Pulse together the flour, coconut oil, cashews, and dates until the mixture resembles course sand. Press into the base of a 9-inch pie shell.
- Combine the cashew milk, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and slowly bring to a boil.
- Mix the additional cashew milk with the cornstarch and a touch of salt together, and then add to the saucepan.
- Whisk for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pudding has thickened.
- Pour the mixture over the pie crust and bake for 25 minutes, or until the top has crusted over.
- Remove the pie and sprinkle the top with the marshmallows. Turn on the broiler and place back in the oven until the marshmallows have browned.
- Let the pie set up for 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
Remove and let set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- North American