Pizza-lovers, we may have just discovered something even more controversial than the never-ending pineapple topping debate. It looks like foodies everywhere have started dunking their cheesy slices into a glass of milk before taking a bite. Yes, you read that correctly. People are straight up dipping their pizza in milk, and they're using social media to spread the word about the strange eating habit.
Pizza + Milk = a great combination😋😋😋 pic.twitter.com/G9LGvTatjF
— zay (@IsaiahDaGawdd) March 3, 2017
Y'all ever dipped pizza in milk, pretty damn good tbh
— evan (@Clueshh) March 6, 2017
People are dipping pizza in milk and I don't know why... 😷 Got any weird eating habits? pic.twitter.com/q20kXhG842
— Ruairidh (@HeyItsRu) March 5, 2017
Fuck that pineapple pizza shit, this milk with pizza is the wave🌊 pic.twitter.com/Gib442IT99
— Michael 🅱owart (@triptr3y) March 6, 2017
Though some Twitter users somehow seem incredibly into the pizza-milk combo, others are on the same page as us — as in, the only thing that possibly comes to mind is "WTF?"
ppl have been eating pineapple pizza fINE in pEACE now y'all are dunking pizza in milk w peas and shit for rt's, PIZZA HAS DONE NOTHING TO U pic.twitter.com/Trjeh1G1Hu
— shellet ✨ (@heyitsshelley) March 6, 2017
I read somewhere that people are WILLINGLY dipping their pizza in milk and I will not sit here quietly while such atrocities are going on
— ramón (@RGKMC_) March 4, 2017
when the first date is going really well and then she dips her pizza in a big glass milk pic.twitter.com/Dx9OszMLHc
— Matt Ellentuck (@mellentuck) March 4, 2017
After recovering from the wave of shock (and nausea) I experienced the first time I saw evidence of this apparent food-consumption trend, a flood of questions entered my brain. I have listed them below, and I'm demanding the answers ASAP.
- Doesn't this make your slice of 'za get cold? I mean, I know there's a cult of cold-pizza devotees out there, but this seems like a very unwelcome form of temperature change.
- Who was the first person to try this out?
- Exactly what was going through their head when they first thought to pair their pizza with milk? (Read: Exactly how many drugs were they on at that moment?)
- What on earth is the benefit of this? Is it possible that it actually tastes somewhat decent?
- Doesn't it make the crust get all soggy? There's nothing worse than soggy crust, am I right?
- For the people who commit this nefarious sin against pizza: is ranch dressing just not good enough for you?
- And is it best dunked with whole, skim, or almond milk? Or, dare I say it, half and half?
- If we tried dipping pineapple pizza in milk, would it cancel out the vileness and taste edible?
- Lastly, how could you betray pizza like this?!
All jokes aside, we're genuinely curious: would you try this crazy-strange eating habit? Take the poll below to let us know!